Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Chanukah!

The first day of Chanukah (to pronounce the 'ch' sound properly, imagine trying to bring up phlegm in your throat) is actually tomorrow, Dec. 12, however the first Night of Chanukah is tonight.

Celebrate with latkes (potato pancakes), jelly doughnuts, and any and all other fried items (to remind us of the oil, of which there had been only enough to last one day but that miraculously lasted eight days).

For an alternative interpretation of the holiday, see David Brooks' column in the New York Times.



hit counter code

3 comments:

  1. Happy Chanukah! I always think of Stan from the South Park Christmas Special. Am I horrible? Have a great Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love jelly doughnuts for hanukkah! My favorite kind is with grape jelly! Hannukah is the best holiday for preparing those for my family :))

    ReplyDelete